Natural ways....with nature's pests.
Here are some natural ways to keep the flying pests in nature away:
Started taking garlic supplements 1 month before your trip, many flying
pests hate garlic and will stay away from you. However it might keep some of your friends away too!
- Wear a mixture of Lemon Grass Oil. Flying pests do not like the smell of citrus. Mix 5 drops of Lemon Grass Essential Oil with about 1 ounce (30ml) of any kind of skin oil (such as Coconut Oil). This might attract your friends back!
- Wear light coloured clothing (bugs are attracted to dark clothing…they think you are a bear or moose!). When it comes to bugs you ARE allowed to wear white after Labour Day!
Wear a wide-brim hat with a fake dragon fly on it. Black flies seem to prefer
the top of hat and the dragon flies are their enemies.
- Wear a bug net or jacket. Just remember not to spit when wearing a bug net (unless you raise it first). Looks real gross!
- There is no science behind this, but, try keeping you hand above your head. The flies seem to go for the highest part of your body. Best to wear gloves.
- Stand near Smokey fires. Bugs hate smoke.
And….the un-natural way to repel those pests is with bug repellent containing deet.